A lifetime investment
Since its founding, Leadership Edge has invested deeply in the next generation of leaders. What started as college movements has now expanded to global impact for God’s glory across numerous spheres of influence.
Leadership Edge is Incorporated
Mentoring relationships begin at TCU.
LEI expands to Duke
Over the next 20 years, LEI would grow to SMU, Harvard, Stanford, and UNC.
First women’s mentoring relationship.
A new vision
LEI expands beyond college campuses.
Todd Melby is hired as President and John Hawkins shifts to Founder role.
More than 500 men and women have been mentored through Leadership Edge. Today these men and women live in over 36 states in the US, as well as in Great Britain, the Sudan, Uganda, Switzerland, Singapore, Germany, Japan, plus multiple others serving as US military overseas.
Mentoring leaders since 1993
Mentors trained overall
Mentoring terms (2021)
Unique mentoring relationships (2021)
“What we had a gut feeling about in 1993 is even more true today…”
- 22% of Millennials identify as practicing Christians
- 29% of Millennials and 16% of Gen Z prioritize the pursuit of spiritual maturity
- 63% of churchgoers have not heard or cannot explain the Great Commission
(Barna Faithview 2019)
- A majority of mentors and mentees observe themselves turning spiritual disciplines into actions of faith
- As a result of LEI Mentoring, both mentors and mentees increase their regularity of applying the Bible to their lives and the lives of others
- 92% of mentors and mentees indicate that they are more dependent on the Holy Spirit as a result of their mentoring relationships
- Mentees consistently see mentoring as a path to continuous improvement in many areas of life including academics, career, spiritual life, and personal life
Major Perry Bolding
I am beyond thankful to have had the opportunity to be mentored through Leadership Edge! I began meeting with Janet at a time when, though I had been a believer for some years, I struggled to believe God’s grace and love for me. It was through reading ‘The Cross Centered Life’ and many conversations with Janet about scripture that I came to a deeper understanding of the gospel. Through this process, I now also feel better equipped to share the good news of what Christ has done with those he has placed in my life. I could not be more thankful!
Kendra Simon Perdue
Associate Attorney, Latham & Watkins LLP Irvine, CA
Leadership Edge Mentoring has provided a tangible vision statement for me to take hold of in everyday life. It provided a definition/model for what leadership is and the competencies to carry it out. I have found a community of accountability and encouragement via other alums at Gatherings. By far, the most significant is that l have personal, honest stories and reflections from LEI mentors on how God has taught them about how to be a Godly leader in their own families, marriages, churches, workplaces, and communities.
Sales Rep, National Flavors, LLC
Phlebotomist, Novant Health
Leadership Edge not only provides built-in accountability and support for leaders as they enter new life stages, but it also creates a close-knit network of like-minded men and women who encourage one another as they encounter new challenges. Whether it is increasing influence in a career, leading a family well, or sacrificially serving the local community, Leadership Edge has taught me that I can proactively change the world around me and have a meaningful impact in my various spheres of influence.
Matthew Krauss, CFA
Managing Director at RGT Wealth Advisors
Senior Manager at Yelp